Data Protection Policy
Protecting your personal data when you visit our website is of great importance to us. We protect your privacy and your private data. We collect, process and use your personal data in compliance with the content of these data protection provisions as well as the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, the ePrivacy Regulation, the Federal Data Protection Act, and the German Telemedia Act.
These data protection provisions govern the personal data concerning you that we collect, process and use. We therefore ask you to read the explanations outlined below with great care.
1 Information on the collection of personal data
- Below, we want to inform you about how we collect personal data when visitors use our website. Personal data are all data that are personally relatable to you, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- The controller pursuant to Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Speidel Tank- und Behälterbau GmbH, Krummenstrasse 2, 72131 Ofterdingen, email@example.com (see our Imprint). Our data protection officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our postal address by adding the words »Attn data protection officer«.
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you transmit (your e-mail address, and, where applicable, your name and/or phone number) will be saved by us in order to answer your questions. We will erase the data that accrue in this connection once it no longer becomes necessary for them to be saved, or we will restrict their processing in the event of any legal obligations existing requiring that the data be preserved.
- If, in the process of providing individual features as part of our offer, we rely on service providers that we have engaged, or should we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below of the processes involved. At the same time, we will specify the prescribed criteria concerning the length of storage of such data.
2 Your rights
- You have the following rights in respect of the personal data concerning you that we collect:
- Right of access to your data,
- Right to rectification or to erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data portability.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection if you have a grievance concerning the processing of your personal data.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- When you visit our website purely as a source of information, i.e. if you do not register with us or otherwise transmit any information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. When you decide to view our website, we collect the following data, which are required for technical reasons in order to display our website and ensure it is stable and secure (legal basis: Point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The data volume transmitted
- Website from which the request came
- Operating system and its user interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you use, and which enable certain information to flow to the location which places the cookie (in this case us). Cookies are not capable of running programs or transmitting viruses onto your computer. They serve to make our website offer more user-friendly and effective.
- This website uses the types of cookie listed below. Their nature and function are equally described below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This group of cookies especially includes session cookies. These store a so-called session ID through which various requests from your browser can be assigned to a common session. They enable your computer to be recognised on your return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log off or when you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a pre-defined period of time, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies at any time by going to the security settings for your browser.
- You can configure your browser settings to your personal preferences and e.g. refuse third-party cookies or all cookies. We would point out, however, that doing so may mean you will be unable to use all of the functions on our website.
4 Other functions and offers on our website
- In addition to our website being used purely as a source of information, we offer a variety of services that may be of interest to you. To make use of these, you typically will need to provide additional personal data which we use to provide the service in question and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- On some occasions, we use external service providers to process your data. These are carefully selected and engaged by us, are bound to follow our instructions, and are audited at regular intervals.
- Moreover, we may forward your personal data to third parties when working in collaboration with other partners to offer special promotions, competitions, concluding contracts, or similar services. You will obtain further details on this process either when you provide your personal data or by reading the descriptions of the offers found below.
- Should our service providers or partners be located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will notify you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
5 Right to object or withdraw consent to the processing of your data
- If you have previously consented to your data being processed, you may withdraw such consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data once you have notified us of such withdrawal.
- To the extent that our processing of your personal data is based on the weighing of interests, you have the right to object to the processing. Among other things, this is the case if the processing is not required in order to fulfil a contract with you, which is demonstrated by us in the description of the functions below. When exercising such a right to object, we ask you to furnish the reasons for our not processing your personal data in the manner that we are doing. If your objection is justified, we will review the situation and either cease or amend the processing of your data or furnish you with our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process the data.
- Needless to say, you can, at any time, withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed for advertising purposes and data analysis. To find out more about your right to object, please contact: Speidel Tank- und Behälterbau GmbH, Krummenstrasse 2, 72131 Ofterdingen, email@example.com (see our Imprint [LINK]).
6 Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (»Google«). Google Analytics uses »cookies«, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website is transmitted to and stored on Google’s servers in the USA. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to create reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
- Google will not associate the IP address transmitted by your browser via Google Analytics with any other data held by Google.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension »anonymizeIp()«. The IP addresses thus collected are truncated so as to eliminate any direct reference to a specific individual. To the extent that the data collected personally relate to you, such a relation will be excluded without undue delay and the personal data will be erased immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Using the acquired statistics, we can improve our offer to you and make the website more interesting for you as a user. As regards the exceptional cases when personal data are transferred to the USA, Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Point (f) of Article 6(1)(1) GDPR.
- This website furthermore uses Google Analytics to analyse across all devices the visitor flows that are carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account at »My data«, »Personal data«.
7 Incorporation of YouTube videos
- We have incorporated YouTube videos in our online offer, which are saved at https://www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. These have all been incorporated in »extended data protection mode«, i.e. no data concerning you as the user are transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only if you play the video will the data specified in Section 2 be transferred. The transfer of such data is beyond our control.
8 Incorporation of Google Maps
- >This website uses the Google Maps service. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on our website and you to use this convenient maps feature.
- >Further information on the purpose and extent of the collection and processing of data by the plug-in provider can be found in the provider’s privacy policies. They also contain information on your corresponding rights and settings options in order to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
9 Use of Google Adwords Conversion
- We use the advertising media service Google Adwords to draw attention on external websites to our attractive offers. By referencing the advertising campaign data, we can determine the success of individual advertising measures. In doing so, our interest lies in showing you advertising which is of interest to you, in making the design of our website more interesting to you, and in arriving at a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- These means of advertising are supplied by Google through so-called »ad servers«. To this end, we use ad server cookies through which certain performance metrics, such as flash advertising or clicks by users, can be measured. Should you access our website via a Google advert, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your PC. These cookies typically expire after 30 days and are not intended to serve to identify you personally. Linked to this cookie, a unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions), as well as opt-out information (a note that the user does not want to be addressed any longer) are typically saved.
- These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser. Should a user visit certain pages of an Adwords customer’s website and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer will be able to detect that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to the page in question. Each Adwords customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. We ourselves do not collect and/or process any personal data during the aforementioned advertising measures. We merely receive statistical evaluations provided by Google. On the basis of these evaluations, we can identify which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising media and, in particular, we cannot identify the users on the basis of this information.
- Through the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. As we have no control over the extent and the further use of the data which are collected by Google through the employment of this tool, the information that follows is based on our level of knowledge as it stands: By incorporating AdWords conversion, Google receives the information that you visited the respective part of our website or clicked on one of our adverts. Provided that you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google can associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will learn and store your IP address. There are several ways for you to prevent participation in this tracking process:
- by adjusting your browser software accordingly; in particular, by suppressing third-party cookies, you will not receive any third-party adverts;
- by disabling the conversion-tracking cookies by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain »www.googleadservices.com«, https://www.google.com/settings/ads, which will result in this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies;
- by deactivating the interest-based advertisements of the providers, who have signed up to the »About Ads« self-regulation campaign, by going to the link www.aboutads.info/choices, though this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
- by permanently disabling cookies in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser by going to the link www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We wish to point out that doing so may result in you being unable to use all of the features of this offer, however.
- >The legal basis for the processing of your data is Point (f) of Art. 6(1)(1) GDPR. Further information on data privacy at Google can be found at: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at https://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
In addition to Adwords Conversion, we use the Google Remarketing application. This is a process through which we aim to approach you again. The application allows you to see our adverts after visiting our website as you continue to use the Internet. This is done through cookies stored in your browser through which your usage behaviour when visiting various websites is recorded and evaluated by Google. In this way, Google is able to detect the last visit you made to our website. According to Google, none of the personal data concerning you that are collected during the remarketing process, and which may potentially be stored by Google, are merged with other data. In particular, pseudonymisation is used in remarketing, according to Google.